Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sweet Heart


I may not have left a tornado trial around the house of Pokémon and Super Smash Brother chants like we did years ago during the holidays, but this was a Thanksgiving to remember for a new set of reasons. After pulling each other through the grinds, my parents and I have silently bonded in unison and it feels wonderful to look at them both with not only love but also empathy. We are finally starting to "get" one another. Sam spent hours contemplating the industry and international news with my dad as my mom and I giggled at the sight of them. Our neighbors came over for a night of food babies and homemade dumplings. We ended the night with the six of us gathered around the table slapping down cards, playing some wonkily difficult twist on the already confusing game of poker. Happy Thanksgiving. 

Off to some sweet sleeps.




{hard at work on nanowrimo}