Saturday, January 19, 2013

Yellow Daydreams


Had a beautifully delicious and captivating moment today while I was sprawled out on my back in College Hall. The yellow wood and sunshine made the air particles hit by light sparkle and dance right above me. We were taking a ten minute break from our Event Assistant training, and Adam played a tune through the speakers. The sound of strings to a western wailed in a surprisingly delightful way throughout the space. I was brought back to sweet memories from the past that had been somehow tucked away. Memories from when I was about ten and spent most of my days outside. And my first days of experiencing romance in its purest and most unrelenting form with no other considerations to think about. To a specific memory that shocked me with my own drama and sweet desperation.

...

On the morning that we were driving away from New Jersey up to Massachusetts, my mom made a stop for me two miles away from the home we were leaving. Drenched in tears, I entered a full classroom of my friends and hugged them all in their shock. I made my way to the desk and placed a poster size card of imissyous into its open-face drawer. The boy I was saying good bye to had stayed home for the morning after our last performance. We were both the leads in our fifth grade musical. And less than twelve hours after standing on stage together, I was on my way up north to a whole new place. 

...

Not-real-life-real-life moment. 
Thanks Danse Caribe for such an innocent and loving five minutes today.