Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An Ode to Her


Mama is the person behind the other side of the lens 80% of the time-
I have accomplished the self-timer for the other 20%.

But she's also my absolute best friend.
I was a sophomore in high school when she first confided in me. And ever since then, I to her. Yes, even the uncomfortable and unsettling depths of unhappiness. Yes, even all the blush-worthy details about guys. 

Tonight, she showed me again why I look up to her. That woman doesn't complain about a thing. She lives simply because life is worth living. The details are private but the truth isn't.

So here, I donned the dress that I always remember her wearing throughout my childhood.

*brandless cream floral black maxi dress. H&M gold flower belt. Deena and Ozzy floppy wool hat. brandless orange gem ring.
Shown below: Etienne Aigner plum leather satchel. Seychelles leather studded wedges."

Finds from my hunts:
Mom's closet- dress.
Marshalls- satchel.
Flea market [in France]- ring.
Avalon Exchange- wedges.
Urban Outfitters (sale!)- hat.




Branches as props? Nah.