Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tonal Tips


I've never really touched my hair before. The usual routine is shampoo, conditioner, towel dry, and done. Bless my father's genes because my hair will usually end up with some waves and odd curls, and I love it like that. But I knew a haircut was just around the corner and since I waited four years for my last one, I figured why not wait a bit longer. So I replaced a haircut with bleaching the tips [for easy removal with a snippity snap]. My friend Alanna [HI ALANNA!] had just dyed a bit of her hair with Kool-Aid, but I knew my hair color would be too stubborn for that so I opted for an over the counter color treatment at CVS. Pretty spur of the moment. I can't say it turned out exactly how I had envisioned [thought it'd be more on the blonde side, and if I was lucky, ombre], but I'm warming up to it. Plus, my parents are still chuckling at the randomness of my novice salon experiment. 

I used Clairol Born Blonde, which did advertise that I'd be a blonde but maybe it's because my hair is untreated slash has red undertones? Trying to talk savy when I really have no idea. I did use DIY advice on how to bleach or ombre hair, but I think I lacked some talent and thoroughness. ^^


 Tiny tank- from Anthropologie. [bargain or indulge]
Express shorts. [bargain or indulge]
Forever 21 necklace. [bargain or indulge]

Finds from my hunt:
{sale rack}- tank & shorts.

...