Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Sea On a Bed of Greens



Happy August!
Today brings forth the month that begins with me getting to spend some lovely remaining weeks with family and ends with me getting to spend some lovely wherehaveyoubeenallmylife weeks with friends. I've come to thoroughly appreciate the blossoming family dynamic at home ever since my dad got to relocate back to the east coast so I'm going to miss it, but I could gush for days about finally being reunited at school with everyone. For days. 

And when I leave, I'm definitely taking some of my mom's insane cooking intuition with me. It's never the Freshman Fifteen that I have to worry about but more like the Hippo at Home that tries to get me every time. Mom's homemade dishes are always healthy so that's not the problem. It's just that I tend to shovel in as much as I can within that twenty minute grace period before my brain tells me I'm full. And this is one of the yummy dishes that I can't resist. I salivate every time when I see this combination of edamame, shrimp, and octopus. And the bed of edamame fills me up like a bed of rice but with much more nutrition.

The little known ingredient: soy sauce.
It holds the most perfect complex flavor and is simple! A step-by-step will be posted for this dish in the coming weeks.